- Hits: 2702
Information on adoption
The Republic of Kazakhstan ratified the Hague Convention on 12th of March, 2010. The national legislation of Kazakhstan was brought in line with international standards. Prior to the ratification of the Convention for the Protection of Children and Cooperation in regards to foreign adoption international adoption in Kazakhstan has been processed in accordance with the Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On Marriage (Matrimony) and family".
Ministry of Education and Science of Kazakhstan held a number of events with the participation of representatives of the diplomatic missions, in which the accreditation process of foreign agencies has been explained.
The working group consisting of representatives of the relevant ministries has been established for examination of foreign adoption agencies’ documents and making decisions about their accreditation, which makes decisions on the accreditation of foreign agencies.
All children from Kazakhstan adopted by the citizens of Sweden must be registered at the Consular Section of the Embassy of Kazakhstan in Stockholm
- Questionnaire form
- Application form
- Child’s Kazakhstan national passport
- One passport-size photo of your child
- Kazakhstan adoption certificate (notary certified)
- Child’s birth certificate, issued after adoption in Kazakhstan (notary certified)
- Passports of adoptive parents (notary certified)
Getting child’s passport back
- You can get child’s passport back within 1 hour on the day of submission in person or by providing us with pre-paid self-addressed envelope if you wish your passport to be send to you back by post.
Post Placement Reports
According to the Family and Marriage Act 2011 of the Republic of Kazakhstan, foreign adoptive families are responsible to produce a Post Placement Report on an annual basis and send it to the Embassy of Kazakhstan.
Failure to provide the report will constitute the breach of Kazakhstan laws and may cause unpleasing and burdensome difficulties for all other perspective of Swedish citizens who are in process or are planning to adopt Kazakhstan orphans in the future.
Please note that by sending these reports to the Kazakhstan officials you would not only enhance a chance for another orphan children to find new parents, but also help Swedish married couples to find their long expected child.
According to Article 34 of the Hague Convention " if the competent authority requests a document a translation certified as being in conformity with the original must be furnished. Unless otherwise provided the cost of such translation are to be borne by the prospective adoptive parents."
Adoptive parents of the Sweden should submit their Post Placement Report only to the Consular Section of the Embassy of Kazakhstan in Stockholm, translated into Kazakh or Russian languages
Submission dates are as follows:
15th – 30th of January
15th – 30th of August
Requirements for Post Placement Report
- original and current name of the child, his/ her date and place of birth and the date of the adoption order;
- full names of the adoptive parents, permanent address of living, telephone number email address;
- the profound description of the physical, social and emotional development of your child, his language skills and achievements since adoption and any relevant medical or behaviour issues;
- pictures of your child taken at different times of every year.
Due to the expiration of passports of the adopted children from Kazakhstan adoptive parents are responsible to register at the Consular Section of the Embassy of Kazakhstan in Stockholm to renew their passports.
This procedure can be done by one of the adoptive parents by completing the passport application form and passing it to the Consular Section on Wednesdays from 9AM to 12PM.
During the procedure adoptive parents have to bring one valid and two copies of the following documents:
- The application form (Still in process) for a new passport filled in by the rules of the Consular Section
- A filled in form of citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan to input them in the database of the Consular Section if required
- Confirmation of correct spelling of family name, name and middle name (Still in process)
- Confirmation of correct spelling of parent’s family name, name and middle name (Still in process)
- A stamp in their passport of competent authorities of Kazakhstan about “Residence Permit” to the UK or Ireland
- A reference from the local authorities stating that the child isn’t a citizen of the state you are in and that the child hasn’t applied for citizenship (In the UK – Home Office, Immigration and Nationality Directorate)
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of the child’s passport
- Copy of the parents’ passports
- Copy of marriage certificate
- A reference from place of living in the UK or Ireland
- 6 passport size photos 3,5 x 4,5
- If the old passport was lost or stolen a reference from the police stating this fact should be included
- After receiving the passport 30 pounds must be paid by card, or Postal Order to the “Kazakhstan Embassy”
* In case the documents are sent by post in the UK a return post must be prepaid with the return address (If the documents are sent from Ireland, 10 pounds must be included to pay for the postal procedures for the return of the documents)
* The Consular Section holds no responsibility for the postal services
* All of the documents and forms provided by the authorities of the state in which adoptive parents residing must be provided to the Consular Section translated to Kazakh or Russian language
* Waiting times for new passports are from 3 to 6 months
By article 27 of the Law on Citizenship of the Republic of Kazakhstan a child keeps Kazakhstani citizenship until he/she reaches the age of 18 and chooses to change his citizenship.
Please note that the Republic of Kazakhstan does not recognize the citizenship of another state on its citizen. (Article 3 of the Law on Citizenship of the Republic of Kazakhstan)